Premier Bio-Cup Certified Training
This certified training program is intended to provide drug test administrators information to better understand the Premier Bio-Cup product and testing procedure. Please read through all of the information within this training program. After completing the training portion, you may test your knowledge with our online certification quiz. Once you have successfully passed the quiz with 100% accuracy, you will receive a personalized certificate of training which you can print for your records.
The Premier Bio-Cup is a preliminary screening test for the presence of drugs. The Premier Bio-Cup is a qualitative, immunoassay urine-based, rapid test that incorporates collection of a urine specimen and the testing of multiple drugs simultaneously. For a quantitative result or to confirm a presumptive positive screen, a second, alternative chemical method should be performed on the same urine sample. Liquid Chromatography/Tandem Mass Spectrometry (LC-MS/MS) or Gas Chromatography/Mass Spectrometry (GC/MS) are the preferred confirmation methods.
Product Features And Benefits
- Test for multiple drugs simultaneously
- Customized panels with up to 16 drugs
- CLIA-Waived drug test strips available
- 60 minute test result stability
- Ability to test for specialty drugs: K2/Spice, Tramadol, Fentanyl, EtG, Alcohol, etc.
- Manufactured with automated technical manufacturing and semi-automated assembly
- Maintains test strip integrity
- Allows for customization
- Accuracy, sensitivity, specificity
- Proven accuracy, sensitivity and reliability
- Fast, accurate results in minutes
- Aggressive cut-off levels
- Easy to interpret results
- Cap closure indicator ensures sample will not leak
Storing And Packaging
- Premier Bio-Cup device should be stored at room temperature (15-30 degrees°C/ 59-86 degrees°F)
- Carefully inspect the foil pouch to ensure there are no tears, cuts, or damage to the packaging.
- Check the lot number and expiration date. Do NOT use if past the expiration date. The expiration date of the device is good through the last day of the month noted. Example: 2018-06 = June 30, 2018.
Procedure And Specimen Collection
- Have available for use a test results form/record template
- Require donor to present photo ID
- Ask donor to remove any unnecessary outer clothing and empty all pockets
- Secure the collection site, keeping all backpacks and purses out of the restroom
- Turn off water sources (sink faucets)
- Remove all substances that could be used to adulterate specimen (cleansers, disinfectants, soaps, etc.)
- Instruct donor to wash hands in your sight before donating a sample in order to remove any residue that may interfere with the specimen collection.
- Tear open the foil pouch and remove the cup.
- Hand the collection cup to the donor and request they provide the urine specimen.
- There is no minimum fill line on the Premier Bio-Cup. It is recommended however to ensure enough specimen to run the temperature strip. This allows the temperature strip to activate and ensures enough specimen is available if additional confirmation laboratory testing is required.
- After the donor has voided into the cup, replace lid and tighten it firmly to ensure urine will not leak. The Premier Bio-Cup has a cap closure indicator. When the indicated tabs are aligned, the cup is completely sealed.
- At this time, check the temperature strip to make sure the specimen is within normal range. The temperature of the specimen should be within 90-100 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Next, peel of the privacy label. The Premier Bio-Cup tests for one drug per strip. This makes the test easier to read as each strip contains its own control and test line.
Make sure that the top control line is visible for all test strips, otherwise the test is invalid and the results must not be used.
Two lines appearing show a negative result.
Negative results may be read as soon as the top control line and bottom test line or lines appear.
Any test line regardless of the intensity, color or size, is a line and indicates a negative result. It is normal for line intensities to vary for different drug strips.
An Inconclusive result (also may be identified as positive, presumptive positive, or non-negative) is indicated by only the top control line present and the absence of a bottom test line.
Read Inconclusive results at 5 minutes.
- Results are stable for up to 60 minutes.
Specimen Validity Testing
The Premier Bio-Cup may come with specimen validity testing. The Premier Bio-Cup specimen validity test is based on the color response of chemical indicators in the presence of adulterants. Specimen validity tests help to determine the integrity of a urine sample. Read the specimen validity test results by visually comparing the color of the reagent pads to the corresponding color blocks on the specimen validity color chart at 3 to 5 minutes. Pad colors that change to a color NOT found listed in the normal range are to be read as abnormal.
Test Your Knowledge By Taking The Certification Quiz
Premier Biotech, Inc.
723 Kasota Avenue SE
Minneapolis, MN 55414
Premier Biotech Labs
©2019 Premier Biotech, Inc. All Rights Reserved.